The Center for Independent Living in Berkeley currently has an opening for a Travel Trainer. Bilingual Spanish is required for this position.
Summary: The Travel Trainer works one-on-one and/or in structured group environments teaching people with disabilities to travel independently on fixed route public transit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with trainees to assess needs, identify goals, and develop plans to meet those needs and goals.
- Provide instruction to assigned trainees on how to utilize public transit. Instruction typically includes how to master a route between Point A and Point B, safety and awareness, trip planning, and learning how to navigate the system generally (e.g. getting Clipper Card/RTC discount cards, pedestrian rights of-way.
- Helping people master mobility devices (scooters, wheelchairs, canes, ect)
- Provide information and referrals regarding local public transit resources throughout the Bay Area.
- Collaborate with local transit systems and trainees regarding questions, issues or concerns.
Read the complete job description…
View original post 8 more words