career fair info and sign up
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
GettingHired is hosting a career fair in recognition of NDEAM 2017.
Join GettingHired and companies committed to disability inclusion on Thursday, October 5, 2017, from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET. The event provides a unique opportunity to chat online with employers actively hiring talented candidates living with disabilities. Participants will have 10 minutes to text chat (similar to IM-style chats) with each employer.
Some of the featured exhibitors include:
- Allegis Global Solutions
- Schneider Electric
- Charles Schwab
- CA Technologies
- Lincoln Financial Group
Be sure to check out the video
about how the event works and read about how to prepare.
Who should attend?
- Job seekers with a disability who want to talk directly to employers nationwide about career opportunities.
- Job seekers with disabilities of all experience levels and industries across the United States.
After registering, attendees can visit virtual employer booths in advance of the event for more information about available jobs. The event is accessible via any device, including smartphone, computer, or tablet.
- Register: create an account and complete the registration form
- Explore: view information about participating organizations and opportunities
- Attend: log in on October 5 and join the chat from any device
- Chat: connect with representatives for 1-on-1 chats
op 9 Companies for People with Disabilities1 Northrop Grumman2 Lockheed Martin Corporation3 EY4 Comcast NBCUniversal5 Accenture6 Sodexo7 Prudential Financial8 Monsanto9 The Hartford Financial Services Group
Source: The DiversityInc Top Companies for People With Disabilities
Top 9 Companies for People with Disabilities
1 Northrop Grumman
2 Lockheed Martin Corporation
4 Comcast NBCUniversal
7 Prudential Financial
9 The Hartford Financial Services Group
The 2011 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity® survey shows these companies make a concerted effort to recruit, retain and promote people with disabilities and to create an inclusive corporate culture for people with both physical and hidden disabilities.
Here are some facts about these top 10 companies:
- All of them have employee-resource groups for people with disabilities vs. 72 percent of the DiversityInc Top 50 and 40 percent of all survey participants (there were 535 participants this year)
- They average 7.1 percent of employees as members of their disabilities ERG vs. 2.9 percent for the DiversityInc Top 50
- All of them have formal recruitment programs for people with disabilities vs. 82 percent of the DiversityInc Top 50
- 62% of them do business with certified suppliers owned by people with disabilities vs. 32 percent of the DiversityInc Top 50
San Francisco Mayor’s Committee for Employment of Persons with Disabilities 2012 Career Fair for People with Disabilities and ADA Symposium participant list:
- Alternative Resources Corp.
- Alumni Resource https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/support/careerlab/undergraduate-0/resumes-cover-letters-and-online-profiles
- Automatic Data Processing
- Bank of America
- Berkeley Independent Living Center
- City and County of San Francisco
- CalJOBS – employers can place job orders anytime through this internet service
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Hire-Ability – Job for individuals with psychiatric disabilities. Employment Services in other languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Vietnamese and Russian.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Mills Peninsula Health Services
- Noah’s Bagels
- Nelson Staffing
- Pacific Disability and ADA Business Tech. Assistance Center
- Palace Hotel
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
- Private Industry Council for the East Bay
- Richmond Area Multi Services
- Rose Resnick Lighthouse – job assistance programs for the blind and visually impaired
- San Francisco Community College or see their DISABLED STUDENT PROGRAM
- San Francisco Newspaper Agency
- San Francisco Redevelopment Agency
- State Compensation Insurance Fund
- Talking Signs, Inc.
- Union Bank of California
- UC, Berkeley
- University of San Francisco
- World Institute on Disability
View the PDF above by clicking this link: 2016_DEI_Best_Places_to_Work_List